Our Scotch-Brite™ Deburr and Finish PRO Unitized Disc is a new disc designed to make a variety of metalworking applications easier and more efficient for industrial professionals. Typically, abrasives excel in one area: deburring, finishing or blending. This multi-purpose disc is unique, because it’s engineered to do all three.
Useful in Many Industries
Scotch-Brite™ Deburr and Finish PRO Unitized Disc spans many industries, including oil and gas, aerospace, automotive and metal fabrication. It deburrs, blends and finishes on a variety of workpieces:
- Threaded pipes and tubular goods
- Rotors, shrouds, turbine buckets and ducting
- Gears, sheet metal and engine components
- Machined and stamped parts
The Benefits of 3M Ceramic Precision-Shaped Grain and Scotch-Brite™
Scotch-Brite™ Deburr and Finish PRO Unitized Disc has all the benefits operators have come to expect from our Scotch-Brite™ abrasives, including load resistance and responsive open web. What sets this disc apart from other Scotch Brite™ abrasives is 3M ceramic precision-shaped grain. The proprietary mineral – interwoven throughout the abrasive – is engineered for hardness and strength. It self sharpens to provide more consistent results. The sharp-cutting mineral is counteracted by soft, buoyant nylon fibers that respond to surface irregularities and contours. Gaps between fibers allow debris to escape and help minimize loading. Together, the web and mineral combine to aggressively tackle the substrate without sacrificing predictable results.
Versatile Performance from Factory to Field
Unitized discs differ from convolute discs, because they feature a layered construction: the open web is cured and compressed for added strength and durability. The unique production method makes unitized discs a good match for edges and contours. Moreover, the discs may be run clockwise or counter-clockwise. We recommend using this disc with a 3M™ Grinder T27 (sold separately).
Scotch-Brite™ Deburr and Finish PRO Unitized Discs are ideal for maintenance operations. These hard-working, high-performance products last through dirt, corrosion and other contaminants without loading and without changing part geometry — helping you get the job done faster.
- Unitized production enhances abrasive durability and strength, helping prolong service life
- 3M precision-shaped grain is engineered to cut fast and sharp, enabling quicker burr removal
- Open coat construction permits dust and debris to escape, minimizing loading
- Perfect for moderate to heavy stock removal
- Multi-purpose disc presents economical alternative to cartridge rolls, flap discs, flap discs and coated discs